Saturday, October 10, 2015

Why I am running for re-election

I strongly believe in the mission of the Prince William Soil and Water Conservation District (the District) to protect soil and water resources and have served with the District for over six years. For the last two years I have served as an appointed Director and Treasurer of the District. The District’s mission is to lead in the conservation of soil, water, and related resources for all Prince William County through technical assistance to the agricultural community, information and educational programs for children. Serving the District’s mission has been an excellent way to use my knowledge of water and the environment and my master’s degree in engineering to express my own personal commitment to public service. In the 1970’s as a student I worked on river clean-ups. As an environmental engineer and consultant I worked to prevent soil and water contamination and to clean up and to safely redevelop and reuse formerly contaminated properties. For me this volunteer Director position with the District is a continuation of the work of my whole career.